Yarny Thought of the Day

Detangling some cashmere blend yarn for a friend was a mistake. I wanntsssess it! My preciousssss!

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Procrastination and Knitting


So, I'd set a goal for myself: finish five of these cute lil coffee mug sleeves for the Knitting Olympics (promoted by the Yarn Harlot). Get a little gold medal to put here on the blog!

It didn't work so well. I had a commitment to finish some mittens before I started the sleeves, and that went a week into the Olympics. Not to mention a trip to see my family! I'm never gonna turn down a chance to see little Jackson, my nephew. He's growing up too fast for me to risk not seeing him for long periods of time! I finished the mittens a week into the Olympics, and I have to say I'm very proud of them.

However, there always seems to be this downer effect after finishing a big gorgeous project. I think of it as the "Nothing Will Ever Match This" depression. I don't want to pick up needles and yarn for a while! This is a hobby, and I never want it to be like work. Not even when someone is paying me to make an item for them.

So, rather than push through and hate my project, I decided that this year was not going to be a successful Knitting Olympics for me. Next time, I can plan better and truly challenge myself with an awesome project for the Olympics. After all, an athlete has to train too, right?

1 comment:

  1. The Plan...
    1 Knitpicks from swap will be dipped in the indigo vat as much as possible.
    2 beige skeins from local swap will be dipped in woad as much as possible.
    2 "ice blue" Patons skeins from swap will wait until I can play with cochineal red dyes!

    ReplyDelete